Health and wellbeing
Wellbeing includes good physical health, feelings of happiness, satisfaction and success. A strong sense of wellbeing provides children with confidence and self-esteem to maximise their learning potential. Good health and learning about healthy lifestyles including nutrition, personal hygiene, physical fitness, emotions and school relationships is integral to wellbeing and self-confidence. (Belonging, Being, Becoming)
At Jnr Explorers, we support health and wellbeing by:
- Building trust, affection and understanding by showing respect and positive interactions to all children
- Talk with children about their emotions and how to manage them
- Ensure all children are praised for their efforts and attempts
- Value children’s personal decision making and support their self confidence
- Close monitoring and demonstrating of good hygiene practices, following policies and procedures in relation to unwell children
- Sound knowledge of first aid principles, asthma, anaphylaxis and children’s individual health requirements
- Ensuring all children have opportunity for physical exercise, outdoor play, good nutrition, fresh water, quiet and rest times
- Safe and direct supervision to be maintained always
At Jnr Explorers, we will always strive to maintain the health and wellbeing of everyone involved in our service. We will actively promote and seek strong health and wellbeing practices.
Here at Jnr Explorers we what to give our children the best start to life by making sure that are eating healthy and nutritious fresh meals. We do this by out sourcing our meals through Kid Gourmet Food. Kids Gourmet Food is a children’s catering service with qualified chefs that has been catering for childcare centres since 2002. KGF provides fresh, nutritious, homestyle meals for children in childcare every day. The early years in a child’s life are instrumental in developing positive, long-term eating habits. Exposing young children to a healthy, diverse diet not only gives them the best start in life, it helps secure their future health, development and wellbeing as they grow up.
“Our children's health and well-being are dependent on our commitment to promoting food access and good eating habits at home, at school and in the community”
- Rod Blagojevich